Admission and enrolment
Admission and enrolment : New Students Enrolling for the 2021/2022 Academic Year
New Students Enrolling for the 2021/2022 Academic Year
If the University Admissions Office of the Generalitat de Catalunya has assigned you a place on the Degree in Bioinformatics or Degree in International Business and Marketing at ESCI-UPF, you must enrol in person at:
Passeig de Pujades, 1
Before enrolment, please check your preference on the accesnet portal.
If you have any questions, you can consult this document with the most frequently asked questions.
Enrolment is by appointment only. To check the date and time of your appointment, please follow this link.
- If you have chosen ESCI-UPF as your first preference: from 15 to 20 July (both dates inclusive). Final allocation of places will be made on 20 July
- If you have put ESCI-UPF in a preference other than first: from 27 to 29 July (both dates inclusive)
You should read the “More information on allocations” section on the Catalan Government’s Universities Portal to find out how places are allocated.
PLEASE NOTE: Your enrolment appointment is indicated as “Initial enrolment period”. You must respect the day and time you have been allocated or you will lose your place
ESCI-UPF has taken the following public health precautions for enrolment day:
- You should come on your own. If you need to be accompanied, you should only come with one other person.
- You should come in your allocated timeslot on the allocated day.
- If you feel unwell or have any symptoms that may indicate Covid-19, you should send someone to come as your representative.
- You should wear a facemask covering your mouth and nose at all times.
- You should keep at least 1.5 m away from anyone else.
- You should follow any further instructions at the school.
You will find more information in ESCI-UPF’s Health and Safety Guidelines.
You should bring the following documents on enrolment day:
- Passport or ID card (original and photocopy).
- 2 recent passport photographs, taken in colour against a white background.
- These duly filled in and signed forms:
- Students who have already started a university degree elsewhere: proof of payment of the fee to transfer your academic transcript (you should ask your former university for the original document) and a photocopy and printout of your PAU university entrance exam grades.
- Documentation showing that you are eligible for a discount on the government-regulated component of tuition fees, if applicable. If you fail to provide the necessary documents upon enrolment, you will not be able to claim the corresponding discount (read the specific requirements for the Bachelor’s Degree in Bioinformatics and the Bachelor’s Degree in International Business and Marketing.
You should bring confirmation that you have been awarded an ESCI-UPF scholarship.
If you are interested in applying for an ESCI-UPF scholarship in the second round, you should bring the necessary original documents after the start of term but before 31 October.
Certificate of proficiency in a foreign language (if you already have a certificate)
In accordance with Act 1/2018 of the Catalan Parliament, all university students are required to have achieved CEFR level B2 proficiency in English, German, French or Italian. First-year students who already have this level should present their original certificate and a photocopy. You can check whether your certificate corresponds to CEFR level B2 on this table of equivalences and you should download and fill in this form requesting that your certificate be accepted.
Students who don’t have a certificate of CEFR level B2 proficiency, or equivalent, will need to pass one of the PCCL language proficiency exams held by UPF every term or a CLUC Catalan university language proficiency exam before finishing their degree.
All degree students are required to do an English test to ascertain their level of proficiency in this language (unless they already have a certificate of CEFR level B2 proficiency). These diagnostic tests are carried out at one of the introductory sessions and are completely separate from certifying CEFR level B2 proficiency.
Tuition fees and payment options
Information on tuition fees:
- 2021/2022 tuition fees for the Bachelor’s Degree in Bioinformatics
- 2021/2022 tuition fees for the Bachelor’s Degree in International Business and Marketing
Information on payment options: